What did we accomplish last school year 2017-18?
Our Wilson families and Wilson staff work very closely to fill every need our school has! With this, there are some WANTS that are sometimes overlooked! The PTO tries to fill in with making sure all of the needs are met but also give them some WANTS!
1) The Color Run raised over $21,000 that will support Wilson Elementary. Includes scholarships for school supplies and field trips, support of various clubs hosted by Wilson Teachers, new projects to benefit our learners and so much more.
2) The Music Program put on a fabulous show - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory along with all the grade level programs!
3) The Ranger Posse Dads built a new Garden Shed for Garden Club tools and more! In addition, they added rain barrels to the outdoor classroom. Thanks DADS!
4) We want all of our learners to participate in field trips and fun activities. Our PTO gives $3000 in qualifying scholarships each year to make sure no leaner is left behind! This is a HUGE investment into our school! This allows all 5th graders (who want to attend) to have a 5th grade Camp experience for 3 days!! Also, the 4th graders travel to Austin and visit all of the wonderful Texas history sites there is to see!
5) The PTO also supports the library with 2 Book Fairs each year! 100% of all money raised goes directly back to the library! This money is used for purchasing books, apps, website content, and it helps Ms. Parker bring in authors to speak with our learners!
6) Wilson has an Art Show held each Spring, with proceeds directly supporting our specials teachers and their wonderful programs. This is also a great way to see some of the talented kids that attend Wilson Elementary!
What is in store this year? Stay tuned for more info! If you have ideas, let us know!!!
Do you shop at Amazon, Tom Thumb or Kroger?
These stores give back to our school - check it out HERE!